Checklist of Needed Documentation for Medicaid Benefitss
Benefits are available to help pay for long-term care. We’ll help you qualify.
Medicaid Benefits Documentation Checklist
For a printable PDF version of this checklist, please click here.
- Marriage certificate
- Death certificate
- Copies (front and back) of the Social Security card, Medicare card, health insurance card and driver’s license or state ID (BOTH SPOUSES)
- Proof of all income sources (not from a bank statement)
- Proof of long term care insurance
- Proof of all health insurance premiums (not from a bank statement)
- Prepaid funeral arrangements including funeral trusts
- Bank statements for the last three (3) months from all accounts. They must be complete statements with all pages included. Computer screenshots are not accepted by Medicaid
- All financial statements (brokerage accounts, annuities, IRA accounts, etc.) for the last three (3) months (BOTH SPOUSES)
- Property deeds or copy of last property tax statement
- Registration or titles for all vehicles
- Copies of all checks written in the 30 days prior to application date
- Legal documents (will and financial POA)
- Proof of gifts made within the last three years ($2,000 or more)
- For the non-applicant spouse: proof of costs of rent/mortgage, real estate taxes, homeowners or renters insurance and utility bills
- Statement showing “closed” from bank/financial institution for each account closed. A $0 balance on an open account is not accepted by Medicaid
Please don’t hesitate to call with any questions you may have about the above items.
Senior Solutions Consulting, Inc.
Senior Solutions Consulting: Helping to Navigate Complex Long-Term Care
When you have questions about benefits for long-term care, SSC has answers!